Creating Backup Copy Jobs
NOTE: This section describes only basic steps that you must take to create a backup copy job. To get a detailed description of all backup copy job settings, see the Working with Backup Copy Jobs section in Veeam Backup & Replication User Guide at: https://www.veeam.com/documentation-guides-datasheets.html.
Create a backup copy job
- On the Home tab, click Backup Copy and select VMware or Hyper-V.
- At the Job step of the wizard, specify a name and description for the backup copy job.
- In the Copy every field, specify the time interval according to which the synchronization process must start. Veeam Backup & Replication will check if new restore points are available in the source backup repository. If a new restore point is found, it will be copied to the target backup repository within the synchronization interval.
- At the Virtual Machines step of the wizard, click Add and select VMs whose restore points you want to copy from the local backup repository to the cloud repository. To quickly find the necessary object, use the search field at the bottom of the Add Objects window.
- If you want to exclude VMs from the VM container from the job, click Exclusions and specify what objects you want to exclude.
- At the Target step of the wizard, from the Backup repository list, select the cloud repository to which you want to copy the VM backup.
- To use the GFS (Grandfather-Father-Son) retention scheme, select the Keep the following restore points for archival purposes check box. In the fields below, define the number of daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and yearly full intervals for which backups must be retained.
- To encrypt the resulting backup file on the cloud repository, click Advanced. On the Storage tab, select the Enable backup file encryption check box. From the Password field, select a password that you want to use to encrypt the backup file. If you have not created a password beforehand, click Add or use the Manage passwords link to specify a new password.
- At the Data Transfer step of the wizard, specify a data transfer path for the backup copy job:
- If the cloud repository does not use WAN accelerators, select Direct.
- If the cloud repository uses WAN accelerators, select Through built-in WAN accelerators. In the Source WAN accelerator field, select the WAN accelerator that you have configured on your side.
- At the Schedule step of the wizard, define the time span in which the backup copy job must not transport data over the network. You can use this option, for example, to disable the backup copy job during production hours not to produce workload on the production environment.
- At the Summary step of the wizard, select the Run the job when I click Finish check box if you want to start the created job right after you complete working with the wizard.
- Click Finish.