Conference Room Standards
Here are some general notes on how to standardize a Conf Room. More will come as time progresses and if i can find my notes.
Defaults for any size room.
- Power and data ran to top of TV mount location, on the outside of the tv brackets. Preferably place wall plates opposite the side that has the most frequent foot traffic.
- Bottom of TV needs to be about 40”-42” from floor. Average center of mount to be ~56”-60” from floor.
- This is for best viewing angle while seated.
- Clearance between a TV and wall usually needs to be 1.5“. Smartboard and wall needs a minimum of 2”
- TV mount rated to a minimum of 200lbs.
- If any chair will be with in 4 feet of TV must get 4K. Defaulting to 4K is a good standard.
Small space with usually ~4 total table chairs. table is ~6 feet
A more formal Conf room with ~6-7 total table chairs. table is ~6 feet
A more formal Conf room with ~8 total table chairs. table is ~8 feet
A more formal Conf room with ~10 total table chairs. table is ~9 feet
Stop. Contract this out if this is not your area of expertise.
This is a high profile room and can easily cost $150,000+. If things break it is a high stress environment and can reflect negatively on you.
If this is an area you know about. Please signup and edit this section with generalizations.